These puzzle blanks were decorated and needed a container of sorts so I went into the studio to brainstorm.
After awhile I came up with these small fleece pouches sewn from leftover squares. A coworker made no-sew fleece pillows for friends and gave me the leftover corner squares. I used shoestrings for the ties and it worked out perfectly.
The way things work out constantly surprises me. The coworker gave me 16 squares and I needed exactly 8 pouches. Awesome!
Using a serger and sewing machine made this project a breeze. I love it when everything falls into place exactly like a puzzle.
This is a free Lion Brand pattern - Tea Wrap - size K hook - unlabeled cone yarn (nylon-acrylic). Counted the beginning chains as stitches and changed the dcs to trcs. The stitch counts didn't always come out correctly so I did fudge it whenever that occurred. I ran out of the darker shade of vanilla so had to do the last section with a lighter shade. The neckline is not completely straight so when wearing the shawl the top will fold down as pictured.
This deceptively simple looking birdfeeder was inspired by Pinterest. It brought two to tears of frustration as they couldn't tie the yarn onto the corners. I'm not even sure that the glued sticks can hold the weight of the birdseed. Another annoying comment was that the birdseed wasn't the correct type for outdoor birds. What the !@#$.